Good news for those who are currently looking for new jobs in Calgary.
There is a wide variety of positions available in the city in July, and we have put together a list of 16 positions that are hiring for over 500 positions in Calgary right now.
So dust off your resume and apply for a few of these jobs.
- Who: Zipwhip invented the ability to send SMS to and from a landline, free, or VoIP phone number and has dominated the entire corporate SMS industry, with 35,000 businesses in the United States and Canada using Zipwhip to send SMS to their customers. Zipwhip is a rapidly growing company, growing over 400% over the past three years.
- Jobs: Zipwhip currently has four development-focused openings in Calgary and hopes to add over 30 additional positions throughout the year. Opportunities include Senior Development Manager – Backend, Senior Engineering Manager – Web & Services, Senior Software Developer – Backend and Senior Software Developer – Development Platform.
- Benefits: Competitive compensation and stock options, as well as a full set of benefits including parental leave, pension plan options, PTO, medical, dental and vision care, as well as ” disability and life insurance.
- Who: Bold Commerce creates e-commerce solutions for brands and retailers in 170 countries and powers more than 90,000 businesses, including Harry Rosen, Staples Canada and Pepsi’s GameFuel. Bold is expanding its presence in Calgary as part of a commitment to the growing tech scene and a desire to work with the country’s top talent.
- Jobs: Bold Commerce is currently hiring 26 new employees in Calgary. Company vacancies include Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, Privacy Officer, Enabling Officer, etc.
- Benefits: Bold Commerce benefits include health, dental, and vision care with 100% premium coverage, flexible start times and remote work opportunities, and 20 paid hours per year for volunteering in your local community.
- Who: Helcim is a payment facilitator that helps businesses more easily accept credit card payments. It advertises its service as being easy to sign up, providing smart payment tools, and making it more affordable for businesses to accept credit card payments.
- Jobs: Helcim is currently recruiting seven positions in Calgary. They accept applications from a Customer Service Guru, Senior Guru, Junior Full Developer, Fraud Analyst, Visual Designer, Front-End Developer – Design Focus and a senior web designer – responsible for the design.
- Benefits: Employees receive company-provided snacks and lunches, as well as health benefits, stock options, and generous vacations.
- Who: The online delivery giant caused a stir by opening a distribution center near Calgary, and there are plenty of positions available.
- Jobs: There are 16 Amazon jobs up for grabs right now in the Calgary area, including HR Business Partner, Worker Compensation Assistant, and Senior Solutions Architect.
- Benefits: Amazon benefits include health, dental and vision care, company-paid disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment life and insurance, and restricted stock units.
CF Chinook Center
- Who: The CF Chinook Center is home to dozens of retailers, ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: The Chinook Center jobs page currently has 39 available positions. Stores that have open positions include Peloton, Foot Locker, Saks Fifth Avenue, Zara, and more.
- Benefits: The benefits vary by store.
- Who: WinSport owns and operates the Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Center at the Canmore Nordic Center in Canmore, Alta., And the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Center on Haig Glacier, Alta.
- Jobs: WinSport is looking to fill a permanent position for a Marketing Specialist. In addition, there are eight temporary roles up for grabs, ranging from team leader – skating and hockey school to summer camp instructor to summer freestyle ski coach, and more.
- Benefits: WinSport team members get free parking, trade-ins at other ski resorts, discounts on food, drink, retail, and programs, plus access to the center performance training.
City of Calgary
- Who: The City of Calgary is responsible for everything from transit and recreational services to ensuring the city does not go bankrupt. So there are plenty of opportunities in a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 38 jobs are currently available in the City of Calgary in various departments including Land Titles Officer, Skate Park / Inline Instructor, Finance Coordinator and Transportation Engineer.
- Benefits: The benefits vary by position, although all employees will appreciate the security of working for a company that literally cannot go bankrupt.
Repsol Sports Center
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to workout facilities, Repsol is a great place to earn money and stay in shape.
- Jobs: Repsol is currently recruiting for nine positions, including Aquatic Shift Leader, Director of Operations and Facility Services / OH & S Manager.
- Benefits: Benefits include facility membership and discounts, flexible benefits, retirement savings programs and more.
The Keg Steakhouse and Bar
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has five branches in Calgary and is currently hiring all of them.
- Jobs: There are opportunities at all Keg’s restaurants in Calgary for the roles of waiters, hosts, bussers, bartenders and bar backs, dishwashers, line preparers and cooks, salad servers and food shippers.
- Benefits: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% off food at any Keg location (for you and up to three friends!), Staff events, and health benefits for those who work more than 30 hours per week.
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffeehouse chain. Known for their fine drinks and misspellings, these cafes are a fun place to work if you want to experience the world of coffee.
- Jobs: Starbucks has 106 jobs available in the Calgary area, with varying positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to be a barista, now is your chance.
- Benefits: Benefits include a free tin of tea or coffee sachet each week and a 30% discount on all products.
- Who: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket with 183 full-service stores in Western Canada. It is owned by the country’s largest supermarket chain, Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway is currently hiring for seven positions in its Calgary stores, including cashier, deli clerk, pharmacy assistant and cake decorator.
- Benefits: Benefits include coverage for prescription drugs and dental care, vision care, paid time off for vacations, sick days and statutory holidays recognized by the company, and the Association of Employees for Activities of leisure activities at reduced prices.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of renovation and construction products and services. If you are a handyman, a job at RONA may be right for you.
- Jobs: RONA has 19 jobs available in Calgary, from its stores and distribution centers to the head office. Roles include a computer technician – distribution center, an operations manager, a merchandising service associate and a lumberyard team member.
- Benefits: Benefits include corporate store discount, life insurance, and cell phone coverage.
University of Calgary
- Who: The U of C is the city’s largest university, spread over five campuses and employing thousands of people.
- Jobs: The Jobs page on the University of Calgary website currently has 156 open positions for application, with titles ranging from Dean – Faculty of Science to Analyst – Financial Reporting, Financial Reporting Operations to Session Instructor: CHEM 371 – Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science.
- Benefits: Benefits vary by department; More information is available here.
YMCA of Calgary
- Who: Calgary has two of the largest YMCA facilities in the world (as well as several other smaller locations) and offers a wide range of roles for potential candidates to fill.
- Jobs: The YMCA of Calgary is currently hiring for 15 positions, including babysitting, building operator, member services representative and visual arts instructor.
- Benefits: Benefits include free membership, medical and dental benefits, retirement plans, program discounts and more.
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian arm of the world’s largest home improvement retailer, with careers in distribution centers, corporate offices, retail management and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: The Home Depot is currently hiring for two positions at its Calgary branches, with positions available for a Merchandising Associate and a Millworks Sales Associate.
- Benefits: All permanent Home Depot employees enjoy benefits such as bonus plans, employee share purchases, tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, care programs, discounts on home insurance and group automobile, etc.
- Who: Microsoft is the global leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Recognized as one of Canada’s “Great Places to Work”, Microsoft provides local sales, marketing, consulting and support services to its customers nationwide.
- Jobs: The tech giant currently has 12 jobs open in Calgary, including a senior software engineer, digital specialist and delivery resource manager.
- Benefits: Microsoft employees enjoy flexible work hours, generous time off, health benefits, product and service discounts, scholarship programs and more.