Whether you are looking for a casual job to keep the lights on between concerts or are looking for a major career change, the music industry is a tough place to break into.
To help you on your journey, we’ve compiled a list of the best industry jobs this week in Australia, including gigs with Beat Magazine, Luck Entertainment, Dolby Laboratories and Tempest Music. Looked!
Beat Magazine – beat.com.au – Melbourne’s preferred destination for all things music, concerts, art and culture, is looking for an experienced Website Editor for its Melbourne-based team to administer content on its web and social platforms.
Beat is part of Furst Media, an Australian independent music, fashion and lifestyle publisher.
Furst Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive work environment that embraces and respects diversity of gender, identity, race or disability.
Skills / Experience Required:
- At least two years of experience in a professional editorial or media environment.
- A higher education degree in journalism, media, communications, professional writing or a related field is desirable.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- An understanding of the interrelationships between various players in the music and arts industry; PR, labels, tour companies, locations, agencies, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using a web based CMS like WordPress or Drupal.
- Experience using all major social media platforms.
- An understanding and passion for Melbourne’s cultural and entertainment sectors through music, arts, food, festivals, clubs, etc.
Tasks / responsibilities include:
- Writing, researching and publishing written content on a wide range of topics of interest to culture enthusiasts living in Melbourne and Victoria.
- Applying Beat’s SEO strategy to all website content.
- Coordinate Beat’s advanced social media channels and strategies to encourage audience engagement and growth.
- Create and send email newsletters to subscribers and increase the number of subscriptions through initiatives such as contests and giveaways.
- Work closely with Beat’s advertising and content sales team and help identify business opportunities, interact with advertisers / partners, and craft business content ideas.
- Manage the deployment of commercial and branded content on Beat’s digital platforms.
Want to work for our sister site? Go to Fashion Journal Careers to apply.
Media and Public Relations Manager – Lucky Entertainment (Melbourne)
Lucky Ent is an independent Australian company established in 2012 and comprising over 20 brands across all aspects of the music and entertainment industries. With a motivated and dedicated network all over the world, Lucky Ent can make it happen.
Lucky Ent is home to several record companies run by the famous Teamwrk Records. Teamwrk was formed to help upcoming artists break into their music not only in Australia, but globally, supported by all Lucky Ents resources, staff and artists. Since its inception in September 2017, Teamwrk Records releases have amassed over a billion streams worldwide and have unearthed platinum and gold-selling artists such as Masked Wolf, Will Sparks and Tyron Hapi for n ‘ to name a few.
Lucky Ent / Teamwrk Records is seeking to appoint a Media and Public Relations Officer to promote Lucky artists, releases and events. This role is an integral part of the teams promotion strategy to help artists stand out.
Skills / Experience Required:
- 2+ years preferred experience in a similar role or in a role with relevant experience in promotions in the music / entertainment industry and existing relationships
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Knowledge or working understanding of the digital music market and digital focused marketing campaigns
- Broad knowledge of music including Lucky / Teamwrk repertoire is vital
- Proven organizational, coordination and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including creative writing, proposal writing)
- Excellent persuasion skills
Tasks / responsibilities include:
- Promote Teamwrk artists to AUS media, with a focus on community radio, TV and online press / blogging
- Work closely with the extended Lucky / Teamwork to create and implement national campaigns for label releases and events – launch extensive artist promotion and coverage, as well as oversee all opportunities in the field
- Apply a professional, friendly and “I can do” attitude to requests from artists, management and labels.
- Briefing, debriefing and weekly campaign reporting
- Database maintenance and management of press releases
- Treatment of sensitive and confidential information
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of national contacts on radio, press, television and online to ensure maximum exposure for Teamwrk artists.
- Responsible for servicing these media contacts through physical visits, by phone, Zoom and email, through regular distribution of products, press releases, videos, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all said media inquiries are followed up thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Act as a central coordinating point for all the artists you represent with said media contacts, and organize and coordinate activities, interviews, contests, live performances, etc.
- Make sure key promotional contacts attend our artist launch events, concerts, and corporate events and festivals.
Does this sound like you? Go to Linkedin to apply.
Staff Engineer – Tech Lead Mobile Apps (Android) – Dolby Laboratories (Sydney)
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. They continue to revolutionize the way people create, deliver and enjoy entertainment around the world.
Dolby is moving from an ingredient brand to an experience brand. They make direct connections in the Android consumer space through their award-winning Google Play app – Dolby On.
Your role at Dolby is to lead the development, prototyping and deployment of new features in Dolby for Android applications that enable an incredible variety of experiences in music / video capture and playback.
Tempest Music is Perth’s premier specialty music store. Old-school service and top-notch expertise are our primary focus.
They are looking for an experienced sales consultant. Someone with a passion for music who would like to have a career in the music industry. This is your opportunity to work as part of a friendly and professional service-oriented team that provides exceptional knowledge and service to musicians and students.
Can not find what you are looking for ? Check out Search for more music jobs.